Come and “Hike Mission” , with trails for gentle walkers to experienced hikers, the hardest decision is which terrain to choose, forest canopies, lake shores, waterfalls or mountains?
Might we suggest?
A gentle walk through old growth forest that leads to an impressive waterfall with viewing platform approximately 1.9km in. Park at the BC Hydro parking lot, 32184 Dewdney Trunk Road.
Rolley Lake Provincial Park Trail:
Family friendly 4.2 km walk that hugs the edge of the lake and forest, with wooden boardwalks over the marsh.
Stave Dam Interpretive Trail:
A self guided trail that has a QR code at the trail head if you are interested in learning about forest management within the Municipal Forest. A moderate 1.6km loop trail, that peaks at a beautiful viewpoint looking south over Hayward Reservoir.
Join Parks and Recreation staff as they “Hike Mission” this summer:
- April 15th Hayward Railway Trail
- April 29th Doreen’s Trail
- May 13th Steelhead Falls
- May 27th Bear Mountain Lookout
- June 10th Red Mountain Loop Trail
- June 24th Stave Dam Interpretation Trail
- July 8th Hoover Lake Trail
- July 22nd Rolley Lake Falls – we will be ending the hike with a picnic as this will be the last hike scheduled till the fall
Further information on the Hike Mission series is available by calling the Leisure Centre at 604-820-5350.
For more local hiking ideas, pick up the Mission Parks and Trails Guide available at the Visitor Info Centre or Mission Leisure Centre or visit www.mission.ca and type trails in the search box.