Join us on January 1st at 12 noon. We will gather on the beach between the plaza and the Float Plane dock.
think you might jump in if you can do it in a wet suit? Then come on down! Wet suits are allowed!
Following the swim, head over to the Harrison Public Pool for a nice long soak in the hot mineral water…(adults 15 – 64, $10.00 and Kids and Seniors $7.75)
Swim tips –
1. Dress up in Fancy Costume if you like, but it will get wet! Make sure you bring a change of warm clothing.
2. If you have a heart problem – just watch and cheer us on!
3. All swimmers must sign the waiver. Adults must sign for children, and must swim and stay with the child at all times.
4. Please keep your dog on leash.
5. Do not drink – alcohol does not warm you up – it accelerates hypothermia. Intoxicated swimmers will be discouraged.
6. Do not stay in the water longer than 15 minutes. Body heat is lost 25 times faster in water than in air.
7. Do not remove your clothing until swim time. The swim will be started by a whistle.
8. After your swim, change into dry clothing quickly.
9. Warm up with coffee or hot chocolate.
This event is sponsored by – The Harrison Hot Springs Volunteer Fire Department, Tourism Harrison and the Harrison Hot Springs Resort.
And, most importantly, to bring a donation, cash for the food bank!